The key attributes of a Solent Sunbeam
- A classic keelboat, the largest of the Alfred Westmacott designs, the Solent Sunbeams at Itchenor range from 95 years of age to new all-GRP and newly epoxied yachts, yet all racing on level terms. Read about our history.
- Highly competitive regular racing in a one-design fleet with no restrictions for tides on most weekends and Thursday evenings from March to October. Read more about racing a Solent Sunbeam.
- Beautiful lines with great handling across the whole wind spectrum.
- Often just one crew member needed in boats that are suited to both men and women.
- A well-organised crew/helm request system as well as training sessions and a welcoming attitude to new sailors. Read more about crewing opportunities.
- Annual racing at Cowes Classic Week and Cowes Week with passage races. Read more about our racing programme.
- Sheltered moorings in beautiful Chichester Harbour.
- Great camaraderie and community spirit in the Class and Club with many social events. Read more about Itchenor Sailing Club.